THE PILLOT ESTATE,
IN THE HEART OF CÔTE CHALONNAISE
Always present in Côte Chalonnaise,
our family began working
the vines around 150 years ago.
HISTORY OF THE ESTATE
As time has gone on, successive generations have developed the estate in line with technical evolutions. Romain is a member of the 6th winemaking generation.
When his grandfather Raymond took over from his own father, Henri, there were 4 hectares, no tying and fruit trees filled the vineyards. Polyculture meant there would be additional revenue to feed the horse. Raymond sold their first bottles back in the 1960s and purchased their first straddle tractor in 1966.
Later on, his two sons joined him. They gradually expanded their acreage to today’s 17 hectares. The cellar, which had been built in 1764, was completely renovated in 1994 to make room for sampling and bottle storage.
LAURENT & ROMAIN PILLOT
With his older brother, Laurent took over the estate from their father in 1991. Truly passionate about vineyard work, he focuses all of his energy on constantly improving the quality of their wines.
Total surface area: